The University of Nevada, Reno Online Executive MBA program in the College of Business is gearing up for its 2nd annual TEDx event, which will take place on January 24th. To date, the talks from last year’s event have totaled over 1,500,000 views on YouTube! (Click here to see the video playlist.)
As could be expected, tickets to this year’s event sold out within an hour. The 2014 event will feature talks from a broad range of interesting people, including Elizabeth Smart, whose 2002-03 abduction case became one of the most famous of our time.
Luckily, for those who cannot attend, a livestream broadcast will be available on the day of the event, which you can view here.
Of the 21 speakers who will give talks, I think the following individuals will be of particular interest to marketers:
- Rex Briggs: Briggs has been helping Fortune 500 marketers improve marketing ROI by applying analytics for more than two decades. He is a leading expert in unlocking marketing ROI profits through measurement. Briggs is credited with pioneering many digital measurement techniques, including post-click analysis, attribution modeling, online advertising effectiveness, Cross Media Measurement, Social Media effectiveness, and the integration of marketing mix modeling with attitudinal measurement. His ROI work is referenced in over 100 marketing books, and his own books, What Sticks: Why Most Advertising Fails and How to Guarantee Yours Succeeds (2006) and SIRFs-Up: The Story of How “Spend To Impact Response Functions” (SIRFs), Algorithms and Software Are Changing The Face of Marketing (2012), have been required reading at top business schools including Wharton and Harvard.
- Paul Klein & Kristin Stith: Klein is an award-winning creative director who specializes in storytelling advertising, campaign design, and public relations. After 10 years of working with brands such as Allstate, Lexus, Nikki Beach, and Yamaha, Paul left the agency side of the advertising industry and now steers the creative and brand positioning for the City of Reno through the Office of Communications and Community Engagement. Stith is one of a couple dozen volunteers who have come together to create what is being called the “Biggest Little City Movement.” This is a grassroots movement which was started in an effort to change the internal and external conversation about Reno, NV.
- Barry Posner: Posner is the co-author of the award-winning and best-selling leadership book The Leadership Challenge. With over two million copies, the book has been described as a groundbreaking research study, combining keen insights with practical applications. It has been translated into more than 20 foreign languages. Fast Company ranked it among the top dozen books of 2012, and it has been listed as among The Top 100 Business Books of All Time.
- Michael Raynor: Raynor is a director at Deloitte Services LP and the Innovation Theme Leader in the firm’s Eminence function. He is also is an adviser to senior executives in many of the world’s leading corporations across a wide range of industries. His client projects and research focus on questions of strategy and innovation. Michael is coauthor of The Three Rules: How Exceptional Companies Think, as well as The Innovator’s Solution with Harvard Business School professor Clayton Christensen.
- Mike Haynie: Haynie is a sought after advisor and speaker on issues related to business, veterans and entrepreneurship. His work empowering veterans through business ownership has been featured nationally on 60 Minutes, the ABC Evening News with Diane Sawyer, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC and Fox News, and also in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Inc., the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune and Entrepreneur.
Needless to say, this 2014 list of top notch speakers will be well worth the time to watch and these talks are guaranteed to motivate, move, and inspire you . Hope you can tune in the day of the event!