In the last few months, our local Reno-Tahoe American Marketing Association chapter has been busy working on putting together our 2nd Annual Mar.ket.ing Workshop. Below is a video recap of last year’s event, which was produced by Tyler Bourns of Bourns Productions:
For many, this was one of last year’s favorite events (watch this public service announcement) as it brought together some of our local community’s top marketing experts and educators, including:
The greatest thing about this event is that it brings together real life advice, best practices, and tips from those who are currently on the front lines of marketing within our own local community. The wealth of knowledge coming from this event is unmatched: last year there were nearly twice as many tweets generated than total number of attendees! This year’s event will be no exception and will feature the following speakers:
- Zach Cage – Co-founder of the Reno Rebuild Project.
- Colin Loretz – Founder of Cloudsnap and The Reno Collective.
- Paul Klein – An award-winning Creative Director at the City of Reno who specializes in storytelling advertising, campaign design, and public relations. Paul recently participated in a TEDx event.
- Jarrod Lopiccolo – Partner & CEO at Noble Studios, an award-winning, full-service design agency.
- Dave Polivy – Owner of Tahoe Mountain Sports, a specialty outdoor gear retailer.
- Bret Simmons – A management professor at the University of Nevada, Reno, blogger, professional speaker on topics relating to leadership and management, and organizer of the University of Nevada, Reno’s TEDx event.
- Kristin Stith – Community relations manager for Dolan Auto Group, blogger, Biggest Little City movement volunteer, and TEDx speaker.
- Vanessa Vancour – Journalism educator at the University of Nevada, Reno and blogger, who is well-versed in the digital space.
- Abbi Whitaker – Owner & President of The Abbi Agency, tireless volunteer, media expert.
This year’s course outline will unfold as follows:
When putting together this year’s event outline, the board brainstormed about what topics might be of the most interest to local small business owners, marketing professionals, and students. Once we hashed out key topics, we reached out to various local professionals to see who would be interested in speaking. This year’s event will take place on April 10th at the University of Nevada, Reno’s Joe Crowley Student Union. To RSVP, please visit www.renoama.com. For an overview of last year’s presentations, please visit our Reno-Tahoe AMA SlideShare page.