I just love this event, because it’s crowdsourced, which means that instead of focusing efforts on asking people to submit formal entries along with a submission fee, we look to the community to uncover what people have noticed in the marketplace from the previous year, and we then reach out to those nominees to gather the full information surrounding their various strategies and campaigns.
To learn more about the full information behind each nominee, please see a link to the full presentation below:
The short list of winners include:
- “Best in Web/Digital” – KPS3 Digital Kissing Booth Website
- “Best in Mobile” – Nevada DMV
- “Best in Social Media” – Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce’s “#TruckeeMoments” campaign by Out&About Marketing
- “Best in Print” – StanCan Design Valentine’s
- “Best in Public Relations” – Reno’s MidTown District, The Abbi Agency & The Biggest Little Group
- “Best Rebrand” – International Game Technology
- “Best Video” – High Fives Foundation, #HelmetsAreCool
- “Best in Cause-Related Marketing” – GirlMade
- “Best Event” – TEDxUniversityofNevada, University of Nevada, Reno Online Executive MBA Program
- “Best in Direct Marketing” – Nevada Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology
- “Best Integrated Marketing Strategy” – BiggestLittleCity.org
- “People’s Choice” – BigTruck Brand
- “Influencer of the Year” – Dave Archer, NCET
*Hyperlinked text above redirects to previous posts I’ve written with detailed info about each of these award winners.
Of the agencies and businesses that were recognized at this year’s event, I was personally happy to see the Biggest Little City bring home the “Best Integrated Marketing Strategy” award. This is truly a group effort led by passionate members of our community that have utilized nearly every medium to tell the story of Reno, and they are doing it well.
I was also excited to see TEDxUniversityofNevada bring home the “Best Event” award, and the High Fives Foundation bring home the “Best Video” award for their important #HelmetsAreCool video about helmet safety. TEDxUniversityofNevada is a top notch event, and the #HelmetsAreCool video was mesmerizing. This organization is making great strides across the country with making helmets “cool” and spreading helmet safety awareness in an attention grabbing way.
This year we once again witnessed another great awards event. It was truly fun to learn about all of these great campaigns and strategies, but most of all to see who the judges chose as winners.
Now it’s your turn! Who were you most excited to see win? Who do you think was left out? Stay tuned for next year’s event and keep an eye on what stands out in coming year and feel free to always share any ideas here!